Ellen Kenney represents prominent national and international companies in the technology, pharmaceutical, and health and beauty industries. Her expertise encompasses intellectual property litigation, including patent and trade secrets cases, as well as employment-related matters and consumer class action defense. She has practiced in California state courts as well as federal courts across the country.
Ms. Kenney earned her J.D. from UCLA School of Law, where she was elected Order of the Coif. While in law school, Ms. Kenney worked as a Judicial Extern for the Honorable George Wu of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California. She also externed for the Civil Division of the U.S. Attorneys’ Office in downtown Los Angeles. Prior to law school, Ms. Kenney earned her M.A. in art history from Columbia University and her B.A. from Bowdoin College.
Before joining Hueston Hennigan LLP, Ms. Kenney was a litigation associate at Irell & Manella LLP.
SUCCESSES AND CURRENT REPRESENTATIVE MATTERS
- Secured a $100 million settlement on the eve of trial for a major specialty pharmaceutical maker in a patent case involving an infringing generic drug.
- Secured a favorable settlement for one of the country’s largest data and analytics companies in a trade secrets and breach of contract case against former employees. The settlement included permanent injunctions and admissions from all defendants that they improperly took confidential information when leaving to work for a competitor [see “CoreLogic Prevails in Trade Secrets and Breach of Contract Case”].
- Representing a prominent telecommunications carrier in a trade secrets case against a Chinese cellphone manufacturer.
- Representing a premier medical treatment company in a patent trial involving an innovative device for treating glaucoma.
- Defending a global pharmaceutical company in a consumer class action involving skincare products.