Tristan Favro is a litigation associate in the Los Angeles office of Hueston Hennigan LLP. Mr. Favro’s practice is focused on internal investigations, securities litigation, and complex business disputes. Mr. Favro has experience representing clients in investigations being conducted by the Securities & Exchange Commission, the Food & Drug Administration, and the Department of Justice, particularly in investigations concerning the Food, Drug & Cosmetic Act. In Mr. Favro’s civil litigation practice, he has represented clients in a broad range of matters, including securities litigation and shareholder class actions, breach of contract actions, complex fraud litigation, and trademark disputes.
- Represented publicly-traded company in a federal criminal investigation into alleged violations of the Food, Drug & Cosmetic Act resulting in letter of declination from the U.S. Attorney’s Office.
- Obtained declination of prosecution of CEO of a publicly-traded company in a federal criminal investigation into alleged violations of the Food, Drug & Cosmetic Act and related securities fraud allegations.
- Represented CEO of technology start-up in multi-million dollar arbitration concerning breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duties, and related business torts.
- Represented Amgen Inc. in multiple shareholder litigation matters, including a national 10b-5 securities class action remanded by the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Defended a California-based web design company and its CEO in fraud and breach of contract action.
- Represented a Santa Barbara-based company in a commercial lease dispute.
- Representing publicly-traded national retailer in trademark dispute.
- Representing publicly-traded health food store in Proposition 65 appeal before the California Court of Appeal.
- After hearing, obtained renewed domestic violence restraining order for a survivor of domestic violence.
Mr. Favro also has a diverse pro bono practice, having worked with the ACLU of Southern California to secure equal access to religious services for inmates in Los Angeles County correctional facilities and working with the Animal Legal Defense Fund to end environmentally destructive coyote killing contests. Mr. Favro also works with the Los Angeles Center for Law & Justice, one of Los Angeles’s most dedicated legal advocacy organizations for low-income and immigrant communities, representing survivors of domestic violence.
Mr. Favro earned his J.D., cum laude, from New York University School of Law, where he was a Robert McKay Scholar and served as an executive editor of the New York University Law Review. While in law school, Mr. Favro was a Lederman Milbank Fellow in Law & Economics and the recipient of the Law & Economics prize. Mr. Favro also worked at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission as a Summer Honors Legal Intern and at the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York, Criminal Division. He earned his A.B. in Public Policy & American Institutions and Political Science from Brown University, where he was a member of the Men’s Division I ice hockey team.
Prior to joining Hueston Hennigan LLP, Mr. Favro was a litigation associate at Irell & Manella LLP.