Xinlin Li Morrow’s practice focuses on white collar defense, complex business litigation, and patent litigation. Ms. Morrow has represented clients in a broad range of industries, including aviation, biotechnology, cyber security, finance, professional sports, software, and telecommunications. She also has successfully represented individuals facing SEC and DOJ investigations and actions.
Representative clients include: T-Mobile USA, TiVo Inc., BlackBerry, Columbia University, The Los Angeles Dodgers, Juno Therapeutics, CoreWireless and officers and directors of public companies. Before entering private practice, Ms. Morrow served as a community service attorney fellow at the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office, where she assisted deputy district attorneys in the Hardcore Gang Division in prosecuting gang-related murders.
In July 2016, Ms. Morrow served as a Special Deputy City Attorney at the Anaheim City Attorney’s Office, where she tried two misdemeanor cases to verdict and obtained convictions in both.
In 2015 and 2016, she was named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers magazine, and in 2014, Ms. Morrow was named to the Lawyers of Color Hot List, which recognizes early- to mid-career minority attorneys who are excelling in the legal profession.
Ms. Morrow is a native speaker of Mandarin Chinese.
Prior to joining Hueston Hennigan LLP, Ms. Morrow was a litigation associate at Irell & Manella LLP.
- Represented an individual facing insider trading charges in parallel civil and criminal proceedings and allegations of Foreign Corrupt Practice Act (FCPA) violations. Conducted investigations in China.
- Represented a director whose company was under SEC investigation relating to securities fraud.
- Served as defense counsel for a company director in shareholder class action and derivative suits alleging violations of federal and state securities laws.
- Obtained over $740 million for TiVo in three patent infringement actions.
- Represented Columbia University in a patent infringement and state law tort action.
- Represented a biotechnology startup company in a breach of contract and patent infringement action.
- Represented BlackBerry in a patent infringement action.
- Represented the Los Angeles Dodgers in its Chapter 11 case and the eventual sale of the team for $2 billion.
- Represented secured creditors in the Chapter 11 case of AMR Corp., American Airlines, et al.
- Represented T-Mobile USA, Inc., in trade secret lawsuit against the Chinese smartphone maker Huawei Technologies alleging the manufacturer stole T-Mobile’s smartphone testing robot.
- Represented T-Mobile USA, Inc., in patent infringement lawsuit involving alleged standard essential patents relating to various cellular communication standards.
- Obtained default judgment and settlement for a veteran who was defrauded out of his home through a loan modification scam.