Xinlin Li Morrow focuses on complex civil litigation as well as white collar criminal defense. Her practice is strengthened by her substantial experience in criminal prosecution.
Ms. Morrow is a skilled trial lawyer with considerable experience litigating complex patent and trade secrets disputes. Her clients have included T-Mobile, Peloton, Bausch Health, Taco Bell, ClearOne, TiVo, BlackBerry, Columbia University, Juno Therapeutics, Core Wireless, and the Los Angeles Dodgers. Her cases span the full spectrum of technologies, from cancer immunotherapy to cybersecurity, cellular communications (CDMA, GSM, GPRS, UMTS, and LTE), cellular user interfaces, digital camera, digital video recorders, data compression and video encoding/decoding, exercise equipment, and audio and video conferencing.
In her white collar criminal defense practice, Ms. Morrow has successfully represented business executives and professionals facing federal and state criminal investigations and actions. Before entering private practice, Ms. Morrow gained experience in criminal law matters as an attorney fellow for the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office. In this role, she helped deputy district attorneys in the Hardcore Gang Division prosecute gang-related murders.
In addition, Ms. Morrow maintains an active pro bono practice. She obtained default judgment and settlement for a veteran who was defrauded out of his home through a loan modification scam. She also obtained legal status, a U visa, for an undocumented immigrant who assisted law enforcement in the investigation and prosecution of a crime against a child. Most recently, she helped a family file a FEMA appeal after Hurricane Gita destroyed their home in American Samoa.
During law school, Ms. Morrow was named a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar and served as a submissions and articles editor for the Columbia Journal of Asian Law. She is a native speaker of Mandarin Chinese.
- Representing ClearOne in a patent infringement action relating to installed audio-conferencing technology against Shure.
- Representing Peloton in a patent infringement action against Flywheel relating to Peloton’s category-creating bike.
- Served as trial counsel for T-Mobile in a three-week jury trial in Seattle, winning verdicts on misappropriation of trade secrets and breach of contract claims against Huawei Devices USA.
- Represented T-Mobile in patent infringement actions involving alleged standard essential patents relating to various cellular communication standards. Represented Core Wireless in patent infringement actions against LG and obtained favorable verdicts as to all asserted claims and full damages sought.
- Obtained over $740 million for TiVo in patent infringement settlements.
- Represented a cancer immunotherapy startup in a breach of contract and patent infringement action against a major pharmaceutical company, which led to a favorable settlement.
- Defended BlackBerry in patent infringement actions and obtained favorable settlements.
- Served as lead counsel representing individuals in a state criminal investigation of campaign finance fraud and successfully avoided criminal prosecution.
- Representing an individual in a federal criminal investigation related to illegal importation, money laundering, and tax fraud.
- Represented a Forbes five-star Hollywood hotel in multiple highly publicized forfeiture actions brought by the U.S. Department of Justice based on the underlying criminal charge of money laundering.
- Represented a Fortune 500 executive facing insider trading charges in parallel civil and criminal proceedings.
- Represented a Fortune 500 executive facing allegations of Foreign Corrupt Practice Act (FCPA) violations.
- Represented a director of a NASDAQ-listed company in a securities fraud investigation by the SEC.
- Represented the Los Angeles Dodgers in its corporate reorganization and the sale of the team for $2 billion.
- Represented secured creditors in the corporate reorganization of the parent company of American Airlines.
- Served as lead trial counsel in two criminal trials as a special deputy city attorney at the Anaheim City Attorney’s Office during a four-week secondment; obtained guilty verdicts in both.