Xinlin Li Morrow is experienced in complex civil litigation with a specialization in intellectual property litigation, and leveraging her former criminal prosecution experience, also handles white-collar criminal defense.
Recognized by Super Lawyers magazine as a “Rising Star” each year since 2015, Ms. Morrow is a skilled trial lawyer with an expertise litigating complex patent and trade secrets disputes. Ms. Morrow has advised clients regarding technologies across the spectrum, including cancer immunotherapy, cyber security, digital camera, digital video recorders, data compression and video encoding/decoding, cellular communications (CDMA, GSM, GPRS, UMTS, LTE), cellular user interfaces, and audio and video conferencing. Her representative clients include or have included: T-Mobile USA, ClearOne, TiVo, BlackBerry, Columbia University, Juno Therapeutics, Bausch Health, Taco Bell, Core Wireless, and The Los Angeles Dodgers.
In her white-collar criminal defense practice, Ms. Morrow has successfully represented business executives and professionals facing federal and state criminal investigations and actions. Before entering private practice, Ms. Morrow served as an attorney fellow at the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office, where she assisted deputy district attorneys in the Hardcore Gang Division in prosecuting gang-related murders.
Ms. Morrow maintains an active pro bono practice and serves on the board of Asian Pacific American Dispute Resolution Center (APADRC).
Ms. Morrow is a native speaker of Mandarin Chinese.
- Representing ClearOne in a patent infringement action relating to installed audio conferencing technology against Shure.
- Representing T-Mobile USA in patent infringement actions involving alleged standard essential patents relating to various cellular communication standards.
- Represented Core Wireless in patent infringement actions against LG and obtained favorable verdicts as to all asserted claims and full damages sought.
- Obtained over $740 million for TiVo in patent infringement settlements.
- Represented a cancer immunotherapy startup in a breach of contract and patent infringement action against a major pharmaceutical company, which led to a favorable settlement.
- Defended BlackBerry in patent infringement actions and obtained favorable settlements.
- Trial counsel for T-Mobile USA in a three-week jury trial in Seattle, winning verdicts on misappropriation of trade secrets and breach of contract claims against Huawei.
White-Collar Criminal Defense
- Lead counsel representing individuals in a state criminal investigation of campaign finance fraud.
- Representing an individual in a federal criminal investigation related to illegal importation, money laundering, and tax fraud.
- Represented a business in connection with a civil forfeiture case based on money laundering.
- Represented a Fortune 500 executive facing insider trading charges in parallel civil and criminal proceedings.
- Represented a Fortune 500 executive facing allegations of Foreign Corrupt Practice Act (FCPA) violations.
- Represented a director of a NASDAQ-listed company in a securities fraud investigation by the SEC.
- Represented the Los Angeles Dodgers in its corporate reorganization and the sale of the Major League Baseball team for $2 billion.
- Represented secured creditors in the corporate reorganization of the parent company of American Airlines.
- Lead trial counsel in two criminal trials as a Special Deputy City Attorney at the Anaheim City Attorney’s Office during a four-week secondment and obtained guilty verdicts in both.
- Obtained default judgment and settlement for a veteran who was defrauded out of his home through a loan modification scam.
- Obtained legal status, a U-visa, for an undocumented immigrant who assisted law enforcement in the investigation and prosecution of a crime against a child.
- 2015–present, Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine
- 2014, Lawyers of Color Hot List