Andrew Walsh develops a thorough knowledge of his clients’ organization and objectives to craft creative and effective legal strategies aligned with their business goals.
Mr. Walsh represents clients in complex civil business disputes, high-stakes environmental and entertainment litigation, and white collar criminal actions. He has extensive experience litigating matters in state and federal courts for clients across a wide range of industries, including environmental services, technology, and media and entertainment. He is a key member of the firm’s environmental litigation team, with particular experience resolving disputes involving large-scale contaminant releases and disasters.
Mr. Walsh excels as both a litigator and counselor to Fortune 500 companies, governments, and individuals entangled in complex civil and criminal matters. He works with clients to develop a comprehensive strategy that will position them for the best resolution at every stage of litigation. Mr. Walsh also uses his experience in corporate governance to counsel clients and thwart efforts to impose liability on parent entities.
In addition, Mr. Walsh devotes significant time and energy to pro bono matters. He has prevailed at multiple trials on behalf of victims of domestic abuse, securing permanent restraining orders as well as orders of full physical and legal custody of his clients’ young children. He has also represented families in adoption proceedings.
Prior to joining Hueston Hennigan, Mr. Walsh was an associate at Irell & Manella. During law school, Mr. Walsh was a Sayre Macneil Scholar, a member of the St. Thomas More Law Honor Society, and elected to the Order of the Coif.
- Achieved dismissal of all claims asserted against Shari Redstone in a federal court action alleging claims under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, and for common law defamation.
- Representing Southern California Edison and Edison International in litigation arising out of the 2018 Woolsey Fire.
- Representing the Navajo Nation in an action against the Environmental Protection Agency and private parties for damages in connection with the Gold King Mine disaster. In this capacity, Mr. Walsh protects and advances the Nation’s interests through all means, including litigation and strategic policy initiatives.
- Obtained trial victory for Sumner Redstone in challenge to his mental capacity filed by former companion Manuela Herzer. Mr. Walsh currently represents Mr. Redstone in an action to recover $150 million from Ms. Herzer and in other actions.
- Achieved dismissal of all felony charges against a subsidiary of the nation’s largest environmental services provider in a matter involving alleged Clean Water Act violations, conspiracy, and false statements.
- Representing cutting-edge health care research company in breach of contract and trade secret disputes.
- Achieved favorable settlement on the eve of trial for a national staffing company in a lawsuit regarding alleged breaches of contract, breaches of fiduciary duty, wrongful termination, and fraud, resulting in a favorable settlement on the eve of trial.
- Successfully represented an individual in a criminal investigation arising out of an oil pipeline spill.
- Achieved favorable settlement for a biotechnology company in a complex breach of contract action concerning the payment of patent royalties.
- Represented an individual in a criminal investigation into alleged violations of the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.